This blog is to maintain an account of my travel experiences, whether it is business or pleasure.. there are things I wish to remember.. when I'm old and am not sure whether I will travel as much!

Friday, November 05, 2004

Sleepless in Seattle?

The first trip to make its mark on this blog will be my trip to Seattle. The event is Aruna's wedding pseudo-reception. She married Ramkumar, a Microsoft Engineer on Jul 8th 2004. The "gang" is coming.. Rathish, Sowmiya, Ramkumar, Chimaya and Deepa besides me will be in attendance. The format of this so-called reception is not clear as yet.

It will be 2-day trip for me starting in the United Airlines flight early morning on 6th Nov. The others will already be there, landing at various times starting from 5th Nov. More accounts to follow perhaps during the trip, now that I can email my blog for the day! :-)

It is going to be a strange feeling since this is the first trip I will be making without Subha after our wedding. Also add to that, the fact that my parents are going to be here as well and I'm leaving them for a couple of days. I can only reflect back to the time period 2001-3. It was a time of unbelievable amounts of travel for me meeting with my friends, just finding a deal and packing off for a weekend for weird reasons such as watching a World Cup finale together! Seems like a long time ago!

This trip came for a relatively cheap price of $189.. which is good considering that it will probably get me very near to the Elite Status in United Mileage for the year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home