This blog is to maintain an account of my travel experiences, whether it is business or pleasure.. there are things I wish to remember.. when I'm old and am not sure whether I will travel as much!

Friday, April 08, 2005

Denver DejaVu

The occassion was Chinmaya's buying a new home in Denver. We were invited to visit and stay in his new home over a weekend. He added on a new (old) car to this package which created an additional incentive on top of his 100% guarantee to take us to a ski resort :-)

Several days (5 dozen days, to be precise) after the inital conversation with Chinmaya over a conference call among the super six, we finally decided that it was time to put the foot down and get this trip started.

It is going to be an all R visiting contingent. After looking at some frightening air fares from San Jose, Rathish and I finally got a break and sprung into quick clicking on aa.com to book our flight. For Ramu, it was somewhat easier, or atleast he made it look thus!

There was not much fanfare before the trip, not too many emails or phone calls exchanged. The plan is to visit his home and spend time with him. Time, luck and weather permitting, we may go to ski a little bit. My reduced fitness does create some problems for me, going into this, but like always, I'll probably take a shot anyways!

I will take you through the experience as I see it....

P.S: I did not mention one of the factors that you were all expecting. Sowmiya is gonna become a Mommy and this is why she's not coming! ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home